Volunteer Minibus Driver - Taunton
Would you like to make a real difference to someone's life? Being a volunteer driver gives you the opportunity to do that, as you would be helping the people we support get to and from the activities and appointments that are important to them!
You would be driving an adapted minibus, which can be driven on a standard driving licence. There will always be a Discovery colleague accompanying the people we support.
Activities will include:
• Ensuring all wheelchairs are secure within the minibus (training will be provided and there will always be a Discovery colleague present to assist)
• Driving the people we support between their home and destinations, in and around the Taunton area
• Assisting people in and out of the minibus and locations (with assistance from trained Discovery colleagues)
• Driving in a manner that is sensitive of physical and emotional requirements of the people we support.
• Activities will NOT include: Personal care, medication or financial assistance. If this is of interest, please get in touch!
Our volunteers play a vital role in our work and in return, we support them with: Free certificated training (with access to 800 plus courses). Free membership to an online shopping discount scheme. Comprehensive support from professional, friendly and trained Discovery staff. Agreed travel expenses reimbursed. An opportunity to gain real experience in the social care sector.
A regular commitment would be appreciated
We are Dimensions Somerset SEV – a new, social enterprise formed from a ground breaking partnership between Dimensions and Somerset County Council, together with customers, family carers and staff.
Discovery supports people with learning disabilities, autism, challenging behaviour and complex needs. We are driven by our values. People with learning disabilities and their families are at the heart of everything we do and we want every person we support to have a great life, with excellent outcomes.
Visit www.discoverydayservices.org for the latest news and information about our day support