Volunteer Gardeners - Chard
Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/Discovery/opportunities/Volunteer-Gardeners---Chard/27901 to join
Help bring our garden to life! Are you a keen gardener? We're looking to create an enthusiastic volunteer gardening team to maintain our garden, so that the people we support can enjoy it more!
Activities will include:
• General garden maintenance – weeding, pruning, planting and grass cutting.
• Advising on health and safety in the garden.
• Trips to garden centres and local green spaces for inspiration! If you'd like to volunteer with us or find out more before you apply, please get in touch!
Our volunteers play a vital role in our work and in return, we support them with:
• Free certificated training (with access to 800 plus courses)
• Free membership to an online shopping discount scheme
• Comprehensive support from professional, friendly and trained Discovery staff
• Agreed travel expenses reimbursed
• An opportunity to gain real experience in the social care sector
It would be great if you could spend one session a week in our garden, but once every couple of weeks could also work.
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
We are Dimensions Somerset SEV – a new, social enterprise formed from a ground breaking partnership between Dimensions and Somerset County Council, together with customers, family carers and staff.
Discovery supports people with learning disabilities, autism, challenging behaviour and complex needs. We are driven by our values. People with learning disabilities and their families are at the heart of everything we do and we want every person we support to have a great life, with excellent outcomes.
Visit www.discovery-uk.org/volunteering for the latest news and information about volunteering