Volunteer Female Coffee and Cake Buddy
“Hi! I love going for coffee and cake and it would be really nice to have a female friend to join me for a chat to while I’m enjoying it. I do live close to a café, if you don’t drive, so we could walk. If you do drive, perhaps we could go further afield. It could be every week, if you like or a regular day every other week. It would be such a nice thing to look forward to.”
Would you like to meet “Grace” for a hot drink and slice of cake? She is looking for a female buddy to join her in regular trips to the café! Activities will include: • Collecting “Grace” from her home and going to a cafe
• Having a drink and a slice of cake!
• Liaising with Discovery colleagues to make arrangements for regular visits
If you'd like to volunteer with us or find out more before you apply, please get in touch! Our volunteers play a vital role in our work and in return, we support them with:
• Free certificated training (with access to 800 plus courses)
• Free membership to an online shopping discount scheme
• Comprehensive support from professional, friendly and trained Discovery staff
• Agreed travel expenses reimbursed
• An opportunity to gain real experience in the social care sector
A regular commitment would be appreciated.
We are Dimensions Somerset SEV – a new, social enterprise formed from a ground breaking partnership between Dimensions and Somerset County Council, together with customers, family carers and staff.
Discovery supports people with learning disabilities, autism, challenging behaviour and complex needs. We are driven by our values. People with learning disabilities and their families are at the heart of everything we do and we want every person we support to have a great life, with excellent outcomes.
Visit www.discoverydayservices.org for the latest news and information about our day support