Volunteer Buddy - Castle Cary
Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/Discovery/opportunities/Volunteer-Buddy---Castle-Cary/48698 to join
SummaryVolunteer your time to make someone’s day! A lady we support would love a buddy to spend time with and share her interests.
Would you like to make a new friend in Castle Cary?
A lady we support would love a buddy to spend time with and share her interests.
“C” is affectionate, happy and has a lovely fun personality:
“I enjoy lots of activities, like having my nails painted, watching DVDs (Mary Poppins and Paddington are my favourites!), listening to music, doing puzzles, relaxing with coffee and cake, plus so much more!”
“C” is registered blind and will be moving to a registered home in Castle Cary. She is looking for the friendship of a lovely volunteer, who would like to give their time and help her to settle into her new home.
Activities will include:
- Visiting your buddy and building a new friendship together
- Enjoying time by relaxing with a cup of coffee and cake, or enjoying one of the many activities “C” loves.
- Providing chat, company, friendship and fun
- Providing support and stability for “C” to settle into her new home in Castle Cary
Activities will NOT include: Personal care, medication or financial assistance.
We are looking for a volunteer who is:
- Friendly, sociable and enthusiastic
- Happy to chat about shared interests
- Comfortable chatting with people with learning disabilities and autism.
- Reliable/dependable and willing to commit to volunteer regularly (exact times/days can be discussed)
A DBS check and two character references will be required for this role.
How Discovery is managing Covid-19:
We confirm we have complied with the government guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19. We would like to assure applicants and new starters that Discovery is taking all possible steps to minimise risks to volunteers and colleagues during the coronavirus pandemic.
Want to apply for this role?
If you’d like to be a Discovery volunteer, we’d love to hear from you, so please get in touch!
We are Dimensions Somerset SEV – a new, social enterprise formed from a ground breaking partnership between Dimensions and Somerset County Council, together with customers, family carers and staff.
Discovery supports people with learning disabilities, autism, challenging behaviour and complex needs. We are driven by our values. People with learning disabilities and their families are at the heart of everything we do and we want every person we support to have a great life, with excellent outcomes.
Visit www.discovery-uk.org/volunteering for the latest news and information about volunteering