Gardening Volunteer - Crewkerne
Help bring our garden to life! Are you a keen gardener? We're looking for enthusiastic volunteers to help maintain our garden, so that the people we support can enjoy it more. It would be great if you could spend one session a week in our garden, but once every couple of weeks could also work.
Activities will include:
• General garden maintenance – weeding, pruning, planting and grass cutting
• Advising on health and safety in the garden
• Trips to garden centres and local green spaces for inspiration!
• Activities will NOT include: Personal care, medication or financial assistance.
• Free online training (with access to 800 plus courses)
• Free membership to an online shopping discount scheme
• Comprehensive support from professional, friendly and trained staff
• Reasonable expenses may be reimbursed at the manager's discretion
• An opportunity to gain real experience in the social care sector.
A regular commitment would be appreciated.
We are Dimensions Somerset SEV – a new, social enterprise formed from a ground breaking partnership between Dimensions and Somerset County Council, together with customers, family carers and staff.
Discovery supports people with learning disabilities, autism, challenging behaviour and complex needs. We are driven by our values. People with learning disabilities and their families are at the heart of everything we do and we want every person we support to have a great life, with excellent outcomes.
Visit www.discoverydayservices.org for the latest news and information about our day support