Disco Buddy - Chard
We are looking for a volunteer who loves going to the disco as much as the people who we support in Chard. So if you like dancing and socialising and want to share some time with the people we support, doing something you all love then you are the buddy for us.
About the role: We are looking for a buddy who can commit to joining the people we support once a week to share something that is really important to them.
We appreciate the generosity of volunteers and wish to support them while volunteering.
You can expect:
* An organisation that values volunteers’ individual differences, interests and strengths, and encourages them to express these
* A welcoming, supportive and positive volunteering atmosphere
* Comprehensive support from professional, friendly and trained Discovery staff
* A comprehensive and personal induction to volunteering and your role
* Reasonable expenses reimbursed
* An opportunity to gain real experience in volunteer development and the health and social care sector
Exact days and times will be agreed with the locality manager. We would ask the volunteer to commit to attending their role on a regular basis – this could be once a week, every other week, once a month etc. Stability and routine are vital in supporting adults with learning disabilities and autism.
We are Dimensions Somerset SEV – a new, social enterprise formed from a ground breaking partnership between Dimensions and Somerset County Council, together with customers, family carers and staff.
Discovery supports people with learning disabilities, autism, challenging behaviour and complex needs. We are driven by our values. People with learning disabilities and their families are at the heart of everything we do and we want every person we support to have a great life, with excellent outcomes.
Visit www.discoverydayservices.org for the latest news and information about our day support