Arts and Crafts Volunteer - Taunton
Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/Discovery/opportunities/Arts-and-Crafts-Volunteer---Taunton/47756 to join
SummaryWe are looking for creative volunteers to enjoy doing arts and crafts activities with the people we support. If you are into baking too, this would be a bonus!
Do you like drawing, painting, making collages and other creative activities?
Would you like to share your passion with the people we support?
We are looking for creative volunteers to enjoy doing arts and crafts activities with the people we support. If you are into baking too, this would be a bonus!
Opportunities are available in Staplegrove and in Creechbarrow (near Asda).
Activities will include:
- Bringing fun ideas for crafting activities for the people we support to enjoy
- Joining in with the activities
- Being open to join in with seasonal activities (Easter, Christmas, New Year, Halloween etc.)
- Desired but not essential: Bringing baking activities to try also
- Ideally visiting a minimum of fortnightly but scope to do this weekly would be great
Activities will NOT include: Personal care, medication or financial assistance.
We are looking for volunteers who are:
- Creative and able to bring ideas for set craft activities
- Friendly, chatty and a good listener
- Reliable/dependable and willing to commit to volunteer regularly (exact times/days can be discussed)
- Desired but not essential: Able to bring ideas for baking as an alternative activity
How Discovery is managing Covid-19:
We confirm we have complied with the government guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19.
We would like to assure applicants and new starters that Discovery is taking all possible steps to minimise risks to volunteers and colleagues during the coronavirus pandemic.
What you’ll gain from being a Discovery volunteer:
Discovery supports people with learning disabilities and autism, helping them to live more independently at home and in the community.
Our volunteers play a vital role in our work and in return, we support them with:
- Free certificated training (with access to 800 plus courses)
- Free membership to an online shopping discount scheme
- Comprehensive support from professional, friendly and trained Discovery staff
- Reasonable expenses may be reimbursed at the manager's discretion
- An opportunity to gain real experience in the social care sector
Want to apply for this role?
If you’d like to be a Discovery volunteer, we’d love to hear from you, so please do get in touch!
We are Dimensions Somerset SEV – a new, social enterprise formed from a ground breaking partnership between Dimensions and Somerset County Council, together with customers, family carers and staff.
Discovery supports people with learning disabilities, autism, challenging behaviour and complex needs. We are driven by our values. People with learning disabilities and their families are at the heart of everything we do and we want every person we support to have a great life, with excellent outcomes.
Visit www.discovery-uk.org/volunteering for the latest news and information about volunteering