Arts & Crafts Volunteer
Are you a bit of a creative genius? Well this volunteering opportunity is the perfect way to enjoy sharing your passion. The volunteer will be able to introduce new crafts to the people and support them to get creative.
Activities will include:
• Assisting in planning specific activities, with the advice and support of Discovery Colleagues
• Providing one to one support with the arts and crafts activities
• Having a chat!
Activities will not include: Personal care or financial assistance. If you'd like to volunteer as an arts and crafts buddy or would like to find out more before you apply, please get in touch!
Our volunteers play a vital role in our work and in return, we support them with:
• Free certificated training (with access to 800 plus courses)
• Free membership to an online shopping discount scheme
• Comprehensive support from professional, friendly and trained Discovery staff • Agreed travel expenses reimbursed
• An opportunity to gain real experience in the social care sector
A regular commitment would be appreciated - this could be once a week, twice a month, for example.
We are Dimensions Somerset SEV – a new, social enterprise formed from a ground breaking partnership between Dimensions and Somerset County Council, together with customers, family carers and staff.
Discovery supports people with learning disabilities, autism, challenging behaviour and complex needs. We are driven by our values. People with learning disabilities and their families are at the heart of everything we do and we want every person we support to have a great life, with excellent outcomes.
Visit www.discoverydayservices.org for the latest news and information about our day support