Art Activity Session Volunteer - Chard
Can you paint, do collage, crafts, woodwork or music? We're looking for an enthusiastic volunteer who would like to share their passion for art with a group of lively people with learning disabilities and autism, helping to bring in fun and new experiences!
Activities will include:
• Developing group arts activities.
• Working in a team to engage people in the subject you are passionate about. • Reviewing and getting feedback from the people we support on how they enjoyed the activity
• Being supported by a team of colleagues to bring fun and new experiences to the people we support!
If you'd like to volunteer with us or find out more first, please get in touch!
volunteers play a vital role in our work and in return, we support them with:
• Free certificated training (with access to 800 plus courses)
• Free membership to an online shopping discount scheme
• Comprehensive support from professional, friendly and trained Discovery staff
• Agreed travel expenses reimbursed
• An opportunity to gain real experience in the social care sector
A regular time commitment would be appreciated. This could be once a week, twice a month etc for example.
We are Dimensions Somerset SEV – a new, social enterprise formed from a ground breaking partnership between Dimensions and Somerset County Council, together with customers, family carers and staff.
Discovery supports people with learning disabilities, autism, challenging behaviour and complex needs. We are driven by our values. People with learning disabilities and their families are at the heart of everything we do and we want every person we support to have a great life, with excellent outcomes.
Visit www.discoverydayservices.org for the latest news and information about our day support