Could you be a governor at our primary school?
Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/Cheddon-Fitzpaine-Church-School/opportunities/Could-you-be-a-governor-at-our-primary-school/50757 to join
SummaryCheddon Fitzpaine Church School are looking for a school governor to support and challenge the performance of the school
· Do you want to make a difference to your local community?
· Are you looking for the opportunity to learn something new and volunteer as part of a successful team?
· Do you have the confidence to ask challenging questions?
Cheddon Fitzpaine Church School currently has a vacancy for a voluntary Foundation Governor to join our school’s governing body.
The governing body’s role:
· Helping to set and review the school’s vision, ethos and strategic direction and agreeing targets for improvement.
· Holding the headteacher and school leaders to account for the academic performance of the school and its pupils.
· Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure money is well spent and the school is getting value for money.
In addition, Foundation Governors also have a role in understanding and upholding the Christian ethos of the school, although it is not necessary to be a practising Christian and we would be delighted to hear from applicants of all, or no faith.
What does the role offer?
· A sense of achievement in helping to make a difference to children’s progress and achievement.
· Access to a programme of free education/governance training.
· A chance to develop your own personal and leadership/management skills.
If you can answer YES to the questions above; can attend approximately six full governing body meetings per year; spend time in school during the day (around two visits per term) and are interested in finding out more about the Foundation Governor role, please get in touch with us