Social Media Volunteer
We’re passionate about making the countryside in Somerset a better place for everyone to enjoy. Our committed team of volunteers inspire people to care for the countryside and enjoy the benefits it brings wherever they live.
Volunteering with us is a fantastic way to help us champion environmental issues such as the climate emergency, renewable energy, biodiversity and sustainable transport.
With your support we can do even more! We need a Social Media Volunteer to help us to engage supporters through adding regular content about our activities and the subjects we are passionate about.
We can provide you with training and support to help you develop in your role. You’ll gain valuable skills and experience in managing social media channels and learn more about the environmental sector.
Our social media channels (Twitter, Facebook & Instagram) are a key part in bringing our work to a wider audience and attracting new people to support us. As a social media volunteer, you’ll write regular posts on our social channels and engage with followers to encourage them to get involved with our activities.
We’re ideally looking for volunteers with experience in managing social media channels for professional or personal use.
What you will be doing
- Managing our local social media accounts to maximise our engagement with new members, volunteers and donors
- Creating social media content about our activities, achievements and interests
- Promoting our work to encourage new members, volunteers and donors
- Monitoring the impact of our social media activities and implementing improvements to increase our reach
- Responding to enquiries received through social media channels
- Help us to connect with other local CPREs and like-minded organisations
The skills you need
- An interest in the countryside and environmental issues
- Some experience of using social media platforms to engage supporters – paid or voluntary
- Good social media writing skills with a friendly and engaging tone of voice and attention to detail
- Happy carrying out tasks independently and as part of a team
- Have access to a computer and the internet at home and be confident using them
- Be able to commit to volunteering regularly to suit your availability with occasional attendance at meetings
What's in it for you
- Use your skills and experience to contribute to the success of our charity and make a positive difference to the countryside
- Meet like-minded people and enjoy being part of a team
- Enhance your CV by developing new skills and gaining valuable experience
- We’ll support you to develop in your volunteering role and provide you with relevant training
- We’ll give you a reference for your future work or volunteering
- Get involved with events and workshops on a local and national level, including the annual CPRE conference
- The opportunity to attend a volunteer induction day at CPRE’s national office in London (currently being held online)
- We provide out-of-pocket travel expenses