CHARIS is a community sponsor, we are approved by the Home Office to welcome and support refugees. CHARIS works with volunteers to provide wrap around support to a refugee family for the first 2 ...
SummaryOversee health appointments for family, including GP, dentist and opticians.
As a CHARIS volunteer you will be part of a team that provide wrap around support to a refugee family. Training will be provided to you including safeguarding. You will be required to have a DBS check. The responsibilities of the health team/lead are:
- Source a local GP and dentist within easy reach of the family’s home
- Meet with the Practice Manager, introduce CHARIS as a charity and the role of the volunteer team to help the family to register, attend appointments and access all healthcare needs
- Speakers of other languages are entitled to interpreters for any hospital and GP appointments
- Help the family to understand how the healthcare systems work in this country.
- Alert to any additional health needs the family may need
- Enable the family to become independent in making their own appointments and arrangements for their GP, dentist and optician needs.