Transport Support Volunteer (Somerset)
Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/British-Red-Cross1/opportunities/Transport-Support-Volunteer-Somerset/48879 to join
SummaryThis role involves taking people to and from outpatient appointments at Musgrove Park Oncology department and Bristol Haematology and Oncology Centre.
It’s not always easy for people to get to doctor or hospital appointments. Can you help people by transporting them in your own car so that they can get to where they need to go?
This role involves taking people to and from outpatient appointments at Musgrove Park Oncology department.
We would like you to:
- Live within Somerset
- Volunteer for a minimum of 1 day per week, Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
- Drive and have access to a vehicle
If you are compassionate and like helping and meeting people then this could be the role for you. Volunteers like you support people to get to medical appointments helping them to live independently in their own home.
What you will be doing:
- Use your own car or a Red Cross vehicle to drive people to and from medical appointments.
- Help people to get in and out of the car.
- Travel with people to help them use public transport.
- Help people to run errands.
- Give emotional support.
The skills you need:
- Warm and friendly with empathy for others.
- Good communication skills.
- Encouraging and supportive.
- Enjoy meeting and spending time with new people.
- Can work independently and as a part of a team.
- Able to commit to a regular shift.
What's in it for you:
- Meet new people and be part of a dynamic and inclusive team.
- A great opportunity to develop your existing skills and gain new ones.
- All training and induction for the role (there is no charge for training).
- Reasonable pre-agreed travel expenses for the role including for attending training.
- An opportunity to be part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation and the knowledge that you are making a difference to people’s lives.