Join our Unit Management Team
What is a Trustee?
A trustee is a senior volunteer role and as such is recognised by professionals as a position of authority and standing. As a unit trustee, you would be a 'guardian of purpose', working with other trustees and senior volunteers to ensure that all decisions put the needs of young people first. You would be a part of safeguarding the charity's assets – both physical assets, including property, and intangible ones, such as its reputation. Which is why a particular skill set such as yours is highly desirable.
Benefits to you
Although you don’t get paid for being a trustee, there are benefits that can be garnered from volunteering as a trustee.
Contribute to your local community
· Support the development of young people
· Expand learning and training opportunities
· Expand facilities and programmes
· Increase volunteering opportunities
· Increase opportunity for social mobility
· Attract funding
· Lower crime in your area
Raise your profile in the local community
· Network with local government members
· Liaise with local business networks
· Communication with local schools and education establishments/ schemes
Develop skills in new areas
· Access to training and development
· Volunteer with like-minded people
· Gain recognised qualifications in leadership, management and social action
· Gain strategic experience
· Build your CV
· Empower yourself with a new sense of purpose/prospect
· Strengthen your communication and negotiating skills
· Volunteering with people from diverse professional backgrounds
Trustee Time Commitment
The time commitment of a trustee varies from role to role. As a minimum, all trustees are expected attend between six and ten unit management meetings per year, meeting on a weekday evening. This can be remote attendance and most other work, emails, correspondence, reports etc. can be completed at home on a casual basis. The average time per week committed to the role of a trustee is 5 hours per week.
At our unit we are recruiting for the following roles:
· Vice Chair