Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/Arc/opportunities/Kitchen-Assistant/47081 to join
SummaryHelp prepare food for our homeless clients.
- Over 18
- Friendly and approachable
- Good at working with people from different backgrounds
- Able to work safely in a kitchen environment
- Passionate about providing good food to homeless people
We are looking for people to help out in our Lindley House hostel, where we provide three meals a day, every day of the year.
Working with our kitchen manager, you could be responsible for:
- Preparing food
- Cleaning and tidying the kitchen or dining room
- Keeping our food stores tidy and well-organised
Could you commit to an hour or two a week? If so, we’d love to hear from you. We're particularly keen to welcome volunteers who can help at weekends.
What’s in it for you?
This is an opportunity to make a real difference to people’s lives by ensuring our clients receive the diet they need to recover and thrive. Along the way you’ll:
- meet new, like-minded people
- use or improve your kitchen skills
- build your confidence
- learn about the range of issues affecting our clients
- work as part of a friendly and dedicated team
Out of pocket expenses reimbursed.