Reception & Administration Volunteer
Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/happy-landingsorguk/opportunities/Reception--Administration-Volunteer/43672 to join
SummaryJoin our team of reception and administration volunteers and be at the heart of the rescue and rehoming work at Happy Landings Animal Shelter
Reception and Admin Volunteer
Aim of volunteering role: To be the first point of contact to members of the public looking to re-home or relinquish an animal, animal boarding enquiries and all other general enquiries that come in via telephone, email, or in person. You will also be providing support with general administration tasks for the shelter.
· To be friendly and efficient at handling enquiries with all
our service users- first impressions count!
· To assist the staff team with any general administration
· To carry out tasks and handle enquiries as instructed, in
line with all the charity’s current guidelines
· To follow all instruction and training given including
Health & Safety, Covid – Safe Practices and GDPR
Time commitment: A minimum of one session per week either Wednesdays or Thursdays 10am-1pm, or Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays 1-4pm. Due to this role being essential to the functioning of the charity, you will be expected to be punctual and reliable.
Where: Happy Landings Animal Shelter, Pye Hill, Pylle, Shepton Mallet, Somerset, BA4 6TG.
Transport needed: Due to the location of the centre, volunteers need a means of transport, as there are no close public transport links to the shelter
What you need to have:
· This role has a minimum age of 18
· Interest in the animal charity work of Happy Landings
· A friendly personality and due to the nature of the
charity, the ability to remain calm and collected when
helping distressed and non - judgmental with service
users e.g., animal relinquishment
· An understanding of the need for privacy and
· A good level of computer literacy and an organised
· Flexibility, willingness to be trained and the ability to
Benefits to you:
· You will have that lovely warm feeling of knowing you are
directly helping animals in need
· You will be part of a welcoming family of staff and
· You will be given training and support on all aspects of
· You are eligible for a volunteer reference after three