Volunteers to Help Govern our School
Board of Directors
Our Board of Directors ensure that our school provides the best possible education aimed at developing the whole child. Their role is to: -
- ensure clarity of vision, ethos, and strategic direction for the school
- hold the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils.
- oversee the financial performance of the school and make sure its money is well spent
Our directors support and challenge the Headteacher by gathering information and opinions, asking questions, and discussing what is best for the school. They commit to:
- 12 Full Board Meetings per year. It is anticipated that these will be a mix of online and in person meetings, but for the moment are online.
- 2 additional meetings per term for School Development Plan and Curriculum links.
- Occasional requests to form one-off panels e.g., for admissions.
- The time to prepare for meetings (reading papers in advance etc.).
An ideal board of directors will include those with a wide range of skills and experience, including business acumen and life skills
Similar to the way the Board of Directors hold the Headteacher to account, our Panel of Members hold the Board to account, receiving termly reports from the Chair of Directors, to monitor that the school is operating per statute and according to the Academies Financial Handbook.
The Members meet three times per year, including the Annual General Meeting. Most of these meetings will continue to be remote.
We are seeking community-minded individuals interested in helping our school be the best it can be for all our children. You do not have to be a parent of a child at the school as there are various categories of director.
Whilst business management skills (legal, IT etc.) are desirable, the most important attributes are a keen interest in learning about the governance and management of education today and a willingness to commit the time.
We have vacancies for both Members and Directors.