YOUTH LEADER - 2-4 hours per week
Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/St-John-Ambulance2/opportunities/YOUTH-LEADER---2-4-hours-per-week/76386 to join
SummaryAs a Youth Leader, your role will be integral to the running of our cadet programme for young people who learn first aid and other development skills.
- YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE FIRST AID TRAINED TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
- YOU DO NOT NEED A DBS TO APPLY (BUT ST JOHN WILL HAVE TO DBS CHECK YOU)
Working with your Unit Manager you will lead session plans under the Unit Manager’s direction, support young people to achieve their challenges, and strive to engage new members of the community in joining St John Ambulance. Sessions consist of First Aid Sessions, games and Grand Prior Subjects (such as 'Volunteering in My Community' and 'Adventure Skills').
There’s lots of support on hand. Together with your induction to the role, you will have access to courses, (including first aid training) workshops and online learning to develop your management and leadership skills, and there are people who can offer support.
In addition to gaining lots of skills, you will be able to meet a whole community of people, attend fun events such as sporting events and local festivals to deliver first aid, as well as represent St John at ceremonial events such as Remembrance Sunday and Royal celebrations such as the Coronation and Jubilee.
- Keen to engage with young people and guide them to achieve their goals
- Align with St John Ambulance HEART values of Humanity, Excellence, Accountability, Responsiveness and Teamwork
- Good organisational abilities
- Capacity to act as an empowering and encouraging role model
- Open minded and inclusive
- Clear communicator and active listener
Key Responsibilities within the role:
- Assist with session planning and leading
- Report to Unit Manager
- Engage in district-wide goals to improve the service
- Engage actively in social action in your community
- Help young people to build confidence and self-esteem
Please email BAS-NVteam@sja. org. uk with any questions
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
About St John Ambulance Cadets
The Cadet programme goes back over a hundred years encompassing some of the most enriching and varied topics young people can learn about. Cadets will get involved in...
- Learning First Aid and volunteering at local and national events
- Engaging in social action and helping their local community
- Learning about health and wellbeing
- Developing confidence and communication skills through Cadet leadership training
- Enjoying a wide range of outdoor and adventurous activities
Cadets are organised into local units in which they can develop their skills and build relationships as a team. However, cadets will also have opportunities to take part in activities on a wider level, in regional, national or even international activities in St John.