We provide information, advice, training and support to the voluntary and community sectors across Somerset. We also run the Volunteer Service, inspiring people to get involved and make a difference ...
Wellington Carers Support Group Volunteers
Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/Spark-Somerset/opportunities/Wellington-Carers-Support-Group-Volunteers/29859 to join
SummaryHelp provide social and emotional support in a friendly and informal way to unpaid carers in Wellington.
The Carers Group gives unpaid carers of friends and family members the opportunity to take a much needed break, socialise with other carers , share experiences, laugh, cry and find out how to access local information, resources, and other sources of support.
We need a volunteer to take on the leadership of the group with support from Spark and other volunteers. Key roles include
- Welcoming Carers as they arrive and leading an agreed format
- Enabling Carers to access group peer support
- Collecting contributions and paying into a bank account and managing the funds
- Purchasing refreshments from the group funds
- Working with the Spark support to organise speakers, information sharing and peer support
- Undertaking online training and face to face occasional meetings
- Working with the existing group leader to share the role.
The Wellington Carers Group meets on the first Monday of the Month from 2pm until 3:45pm and is looking for a new venue.