Glastonbury Carers Support Group Volunteers at the Methodist Church
Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/Spark-Somerset/opportunities/Glastonbury-Carers-Support-Group-Volunteers-at-the-Methodist-Church/29949 to join
SummaryHelp provide social and emotional support in a friendly and informal way to Carers with support from Spark and Head's Up.
The monthly Carers Group gives unpaid carers of friends and family members, the opportunity to take a much needed break, socialise with other carers, and find out how to access local information, resources, and other sources of support.
We need someone to support the group leader at meetings.
Tasks will include:
- Giving a warm welcome to the carers attending the group
- Leading the agenda and conversation
- Booking speakers
- Make and purchase refreshments (expenses refunded)
- Chatting to the members of the group, providing peer support and comfort and occasional follow ups outside the group times
- Undertake a small level of training
- Be part of a larger sociable group
This is a fun, friendly and sociable role. It's very rewarding to know you are providing much needed support to individuals who spend much of their time caring for others, who would otherwise be quite isolated.
This will be a 2 hour monthly meeting, with additional organisation and phone support.
The meeting will be at the Glastonbury Methodist Church 8 Summerhouse Orchard, Glastonbury BA6 8JA 3rd Monday of the month starting 16th May if possible