Glastonbury Carers Support Group Volunteers St John's Church
Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/Spark-Somerset/opportunities/Glastonbury-Carers-Support-Group-Volunteers-at-the-Methodist-Church/29949 to join
SummaryHelp provide social and emotional support in a friendly and informal way to Carers with support from Spark and the Health Connectors.
The monthly Carers Group gives unpaid carers of friends and family members, the opportunity to take a much needed break, socialise with other carers, and find out how to access local information, resources, and other sources of support.
We need someone to support the group at meetings.
Tasks will include:
- Giving a warm welcome to the carers attending the group
- Leading the agenda and conversation
- Booking speakers
- Chatting to the members of the group, providing peer support and comfort and occasional follow ups outside the group times
- Undertake a small level of training
- Be part of a larger set of activities happening at the same time.
This is a fun, friendly and sociable role. It's very rewarding to know you are providing much needed support to individuals who spend much of their time caring for others, who would otherwise be quite isolated.
This will be a 1.5 hour monthly meeting, with a little additional organisation and phone support.
The meeting will be part of the Health Connectors Mendip sessions at St John the Baptist Church - poetry group, art therapy, talking cafe etc.