Having an eating disorder, or supporting someone who has, can be a distressing and bewildering experience. Somerset and Wessex Eating Disorders Association (SWEDA) offers a range of services ...
SummaryWe need an enthusiastic, motivated volunteer to help us with our future planning of fundraising events and to help us expand and diversify this area of income.
We are looking for someone to help us:
- Manage information on our new bespoke database
- Devise and help organise individual giving campaigns, such as our Christmas Appeal
- Spot fundraising opportunities by researching potential funders
- Assist the fundraiser with applications
We think the skills you will have are:
- Excellent written and spoken English with good communication skills – both verbal and written
- Some IT knowledge/experience - Microsoft Office, Apple, MailChimp, databases, Survey Monkey
- Be highly organised
- Have sensitivity around mental health issues
We would be thrilled if you have experience in:
- Researching or designed fundraising campaigns
- Collating and presenting statistical data
What will you gain?
- First-hand experience and knowledge of the running of a respected mental health charity
- Excellent support provided by our staff who will mentor you on your fundraising journey
- A volunteer induction to answer all your questions
- The opportunity to work within an award-winning team of staff and volunteers