In the Mix Project (ITMP) is a local registered charity (no. 1161486) that provides youth and community services across Somerset. ITMP provides professional youth work support and advice to young ...
SummaryTo support with logistics and transporting of staff, young people and equipment. To support young people to access youth services we are delivering.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Ensuring any vehicle used is fit for purpose and well maintained, if using own vehicle suitable insurance cover is in place.
- Collection of staff, young people, or equipment and transportation to other locations
- Collection of ITMP minivan for appointments such as services or MOTs
- The safety of passengers
- That all seatbelts are worn at all times
- Completing vehicle logbooks and fuel returns
- Driving in a safe and cautious manor
- Ensure a safe and welcoming environment whilst transporting passengers
- Reporting any incidents, accidents or near miss situations to ITMP or a manager
- Health and safety checks of ITMP minivan prior to use in accordance with policy framework
- To ensure that in all respects of direct operations, relevant policies and good practice are adhered to. These
- include safeguarding, health and safety, equality and diversity, amongst others. For full information see
- employee handbook and policy framework.
- The post holder may be required to attend, from time to time, training, or meetings as required by their own
- training needs and the needs of the charity.
- To establish supportive and effective working relationships with other ITMP staff
Driving Personal Cars: You may be able to use your own car and will need to provide evidence that it has up to date Tax, MOT and have business class insurance. Out of pocket expenses will be paid where funding permits. Ensure the vehicle is safe and legal to drive.
Driving Competence: you must uphold the reputation of the ITMP by ensuring safe and competent driving at all the times. E.g. no mobile phone use, drinking and driving, driving above the speed limits, no smoking etc. Ensure that you are fit to drive at all the times and inform ITMP about any health issue and change in personal circumstances that may affect your driving ability.
Post holder may engage with suppliers or other volunteers/team members with regards to workload. The post holder may work with:
- Young people aged 8-18yrs
- Family and Parents of young people
- Staff and volunteers
- Voluntary and statutory agencies working with young people
- Local community members
- Professionals from other organisations
- Visitors, including suppliers
Passenger Engagement: Talk to / listen to your passengers if that’s what they want, making them feel comfortable in your company is an important aspect of the role.