In the Mix Project (ITMP) is a local registered charity (no. 1161486) that provides youth and community services across Somerset. ITMP provides professional youth work support and advice to young ...
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Oversight of any areas with regards to garden space and premises, reporting any concerns identified.
- General maintenance of garden area, shed and external building at the Log Cabin site, litter picking and
- emptying bins
- To assist with watering, weeding and planting as needed.
- To keep pathways and concrete areas clean and cleared of debris
- Undertake some grounds work which could include grass cutting
- Construction of garden structures i.e crates, supports, border edges
- Installing new landscaping where required
- Looking after gardening machinery, equipment and resources
- Maintaining boundaries, drainage, and removing invasive species
- Biodiversity surveys and study, logging of data
- Undertake basic repairs that do not require a specialised technician or worker
- Clean out rain gutters and clean external windows
- Remove fallen branches or other parts of the landscaping from site floor
- To ensure that in all respects of direct operations, relevant policies and good practice are adhered to. These
- include safeguarding, health and safety, equality and diversity, amongst others. For full information see
- employee handbook and policy framework.
- The post holder may be required to attend, from time to time, training, or meetings as required by their own
- training needs and the needs of the charity.
- To establish supportive and effective working relationships with other ITMP staff
Additionally, being a friendly face for visitors to the site, answering any questions they may have helping out with the planned developments of the garden may be part of the role. The work requires moderate physical effort. The post holder will be required to pack, transport and use resources and equipment as part of duties, which may include some lifting, carrying, and working at height. The post holder will work at our outdoor facility and garden in Wiveliscombe. The post holder will refer to our policy framework to ensure safe and appropriate working conditions.