Chard Museum exists to help today's community uncover yesterday's heritage, history and hidden stories. It is a small local museum based in Chard, Somerset, that opened in 1970 and celebrated its 50th ...
Social Media Coordinator
Are you social media savvy ,creative and enjoy history?
We are looking for a social media coordinator volunteer to help develop the Museums social media channels to raise awareness of all our activities to the general public and our target audiences .
This role will suit someone who is:
- Familiar with social media either through personal, volunteer, or work use
- Familiar with using social media and other online tools to develop awareness and interest in a project
- Confident to write in a clear, succinct and accurate way
- Interested in history and especially local history, or wants to learn more about our local history
The aims of the role are to:
- Develop the tone of voice of the organisation through its existing social media channels (i.e., Facebook, Instagram and You Tube Channel)
- Assist the Museum to engage with a wider audience through its social media channels
- Promote the benefits of Membership and as a result increase the number of Museum Members
- Liaise with Event Coordinators to promote the annual events programme (e.g., Heritage Days etc.)
- Increase the number of people following the Museum through use of other groups social media platforms
- Examine the opportunities that other social media platforms might bring to the Museum (e.g., Pinterest, Vimeo)
If you are interested in this role we can send you a more detailed Terms of Reference. This can be adjusted to meet your individual goals.
We look forward to hearing from you!