Assistance with Dementia Music & Movement Session (Love To Move Program)
Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/Art-Bank/opportunities/Assistance-with-Dementia-Music--Movement-Session-Love-To-Move-Program/44471 to join
SummaryThree hours of fun, every Tuesday morning assisting local people with dementia enjoy a chair based, musical movement and cognitive exercise group.
If you are passionate about socialising, ensuring everyone around you is having an enjoyable time and bringing the best out in people, well look no further!
The Art Bank is hosting a weekly fun age & dementia friendly seated movement program to music, called Love to Move
The Love to Move program has been developed by the British Gymnastics Foundation who have worked with gymnastic, sports and exercise experts to deliver this wonderful program.
Love to Move enhances physical, cognitive and emotional benefits designed to get participants moving more and having fun.
The participants will be seated and will follow the moves that we show them, in order for them to copy the movements along to music. They will also be participating in movements through visualisation and cognition exercises.
As a Love to Move Volunteer, your role will involve:
- Helping set up the room in readiness for the session;
- Joining in with welcoming participants and their careers as they arrive;
- Serving refreshments;
- Joining in with the music and movement program, helping to show participants the movements;
- Having fun and socialising with group;
- Helping to pack away the room.
The role does not involve:
- Any Personal Care or assistance;
- Physical contact with participants.
- Friendly & welcoming;
- Jolly & passionate for fun;
- Good listener;
- Able to make/serve teas & coffees;
- Understanding of some of the challenges that people with Dementia face;
- Understanding the importance of safeguarding.
The sessions are held weekly on a Tuesday and we will need you to help out from 10:15 to 13:30.
If this sounds like you and something you are interested in, we invite you enquire via the online form so that we can get in touch with you.
We are looking forward to connecting with you.
About Art Bank
The Art Bank works at improving social cohesion in Shepton Mallet and beyond by offering a hub for creative connection and collaboration. It houses the Art Bank Cafe and Rubbish Art Project, a not for profit organization that takes waste materials from local businesses, charity shops and individuals and helps local artists and people transform them into thought-provoking art. Central to our aims is environmental messaging, a reconsideration of one-use plastics and other materials.