Trustees are responsible for the overall management and strategic direction of the trust, and duties may include:
- administrative tasks, meetings, due diligence, Charity Commission requirements and implementation of trust policies
- Funding - including grant applications and financial management of projects
- Stakeholder engagement and liaison
- Marketing the trust
- Oversight of projects
- Attending events
The following trustees occupy the trust offices of:
Treasurer - Roger Meacham
Secretary - Robert Brookes
Chair - Lorne Thomson
It is intended that there should be no onerous burden placed upon trustees and that commitment to the trust should be tailored to individual circumstances.
At time of publication, the main roles we envisage are:
- Providing strategic oversight for the operation of the trust and ensuring that the trust's objectives are being met
- Ensuring that funds are used appropriately and efficiently.
- Taking decisions at meetings
- Contributing to the selection and design of projects, and facilitating their delivery where that is possible, eg utilising networking contacts
- Facilitating community/stakeholder involvement and communication
- Taking part in practical tasks (this is purely voluntary).
This may be subject to change but it is not envisaged that any alterations would be significant or would alter the flexible approach we are adopting.
If we achieve the desired number of trustees, ie 8-12, that would help to ensure that commitments were not consistently falling unduly on a small group, and roles could, including those of chair, treasurer and secretary, could be rotated if thought necessary.
We hope this helps to clarify roles but please do get in touch if you have any queries or require further information.
Thank you for your interest.