Wincanton Carers Support Group Volunteers
Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/Spark-Somerset/opportunities/Wincanton-Carers-Support-Group-Volunteers/29969 to join
SummaryHelp provide social and emotional support in a friendly and informal way to unpaid carers in Wincanton.
The Carers Group gives unpaid carers the opportunity to take a much needed break, socialise with other carers, share experiences, laugh, cry and find out how to access local information, resources, and other sources of support.
We need a volunteer to take on the leadership of the group with support from Spark and other volunteers. Key roles include
- Welcoming Carers as they arrive and leading an agreed format
- Enabling Carers to access group peer support
- Collecting contributions and paying into a bank account and managing the funds
- Purchasing refreshments from the group funds
- Working with the Spark support to organise speakers, information sharing and peer support
- Undertaking online training and face to face occasional meetings
- Working with the last group leader and volunteers
The Wincanton Carers Group is aiming to meet at the Balsam Centre 2nd Monday of the month
1030 - 1200 but this may change