We provide information, advice, training and support to the voluntary and community sectors across Somerset. We also run the Volunteer Service, inspiring people to get involved and make a difference ...
Keinton Mandeville Carers Support Group Volunteers
Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/Spark-Somerset/opportunities/Keinton-Mandeville-Carers-Support-Group-Volunteers/29954 to join
SummaryLead a new monthly Carers Group linked to a Memory Group and potential other activities on a Tuesday 2 hours once a month with other ongoing requirements.
The Carers Group gives unpaid carers of friends and family members, the opportunity to take a much needed break, socialise with other carers, share experiences, laugh, cry and find out how to access local information, resources, and other sources of support.
We need a volunteer to take on the leadership of the group with support from Spark and other volunteers. Key roles include
- Welcoming Carers as they arrive and leading an agreed format
- Enabling Carers to access group peer support
- Collecting contributions and paying into a bank account and managing the funds
- Purchasing refreshments from the group funds
- Working with the Spark support to organise speakers, information sharing and peer support
- Undertaking online training and face to face occasional meetings
- Working with Health Coaches and other agency leads as part of a team offer to residents.
The Keinton Mandeville Carers Support Group is hoping to run on Tuesday mornings on a monthly or fortnightly basis.