We provide information, advice, training and support to the voluntary and community sectors across Somerset. We also run the Volunteer Service, inspiring people to get involved and make a difference ...
SummaryCould you make a difference and support someone in all aspects of what it means to be online and ultimately improve the quality of their life?
What is a digital champion?
With over 11 million people in the UK digitally excluded your role as a Digital Champion will help us to reduce this number. You will truly make a difference to someone. You will be able to support them in all aspects of what it means to be online by improving their knowledge and confidence using digital technology. The internet is here, and it is here to stay, by enabling someone to see the benefits of digital technology you will ultimately improve the quality of their lives.
- Meeting with people in your community enabling them to access different devices such as Android, Windows and IOS.
- Helping build confidence and improve self-esteem with using digital technologies.
- Keep a good record of any work done and formally complete any relevant forms.
- Ability to empathise.
- Friendly and supportive
- Excellent listener
- Caring and Patient
- Flexible and reliable
- Good verbal and written communication
- Approachable and non-judgemental
- Able to engage with all age groups.
- Positive attitude
- Have a good understanding of digital technology and able to use multiple gadgets to include Laptops, Tablets, Smart phones and Voice Enabled technology
*You will receive training from the Barclays Digital Eagles team and you must be 18 or over to become a Digital Champion.
*You will also need to agree to a DBS Check.
Thank you for signing up to be a digital champion. Your help will allow us to continue to reduce the number of people digitally excluded in Somerset.