Carers Groups support and leader South Petherton St Peter and St Paul's Church
Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/Spark-Somerset/opportunities/Burnham-Carers-Group/29859 to join
SummaryHelp informal Carers to meet monthly to chat, make friends and share ideas
The Carers Group gives unpaid carers of friends and family the opportunity to take a much needed break, socialise with other carers, share experiences, laugh, cry and find out how to access local information, resources, and other sources of support.
We need volunteers for our lively sociable South Petherton group to lead and support the group with support from Spark and other volunteers. Key roles are negotiable but may include
- Welcoming Carers as they arrive, helping new attendees feel safe and valued.
- Working with Spark Somerset support to organise speakers, information sharing and peer support.
- Undertaking online training and face to face occasional meetings
- Working with a range of volunteers to deliver an agenda agreed by the attendees, yourself and Spark.
- Encourage empathy and mutual support, developing a nurturing confidential environment
- Helping people make friends and share experiences.
The group runs from the Open House 11.00 St Peter and St Paul's Church. (Nearby parking can be an issue)