Somerset Wildlife Trust is one of 46 Wildlife Trusts working across the UK. We are a science-led movement focused on restoring habitats to support a wide range of wildlife and restore natural ...
Corporate team volunteering
Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/Somerset-Wildlife-Trust/opportunities/Corporate-team-volunteering/41202 to join
SummaryWe offer a variety of opportunities, through Corporate Membership or through a more bespoke Partnership. Please visit our website for more details and pricing.
Whether you want to boost an existing corporate responsibility programme, meet community engagement targets, improve employee health, wellbeing and motivation, or enhance your environmental sustainability credentials, we offer a variety of opportunities, through Corporate Membership or through a more bespoke Partnership. Join us and be part of a countywide network of organisations and people standing up for nature.
Supporting our work means that you can demonstrate your commitment to reversing nature’s decline to your staff, customers, suppliers, clients and the local community, put something back into the landscapes and your local communities and achieve a wide range of other commercial and organisational benefits.
Our team volunteering days are a unique combination that effectively; brings together often geographically diverse staff out of their working environment to enhance their internal social networks; reduce the levels of stress in the workplace and enhance general health and wellbeing of staff which increases performance and can improve sickness and absenteeism; and for us, delivers tangible and visible benefits to our long term conservation efforts in a particular landscape or community –which, if local to your business, can be revisited and enjoyed after the day has been completed.
Our practical work programmes on most types of habitat are predominantly focussed on months between September and March, to avoid nesting seasons, to enable wildflowers to shine for as long as possible and ensure our grasslands to provide cover for small mammals. We do have some limited sessions available in June/July. These sessions will involve bracken and ragwort control and general raking to help reduce nutrient enrichment and promote floral diversity. All sessions must be planned as far in advance as possible, with a minimum of 2 months notice required.
As well as team volunteering we offer a range of ways in which Corporate Partners can get involved with our work, including:
- Away day - A guided walk at A Somerset Wildlife reserve for 8-10 employees.
- Wild lunch-break - An informal boardroom style lunchtime talk by a Somerset Wildlife Trust member of staff with a choice of wildlife/landscape based topics to choose from.
- Wild office – Would you like to make your workplace more wildlife friendly? Is there some green space on your office grounds that could be a mini-meadow, or does it have room for nest boxes? Let us help you bring a bit of wild to what are usually less than green places.
- Wild Walk - Encouraging your staff to take a short time away from their desk during the day to re-energise and recharge means they will be more productive. If you have a green space on your office’s doorstep, let us create a short Wild Walk so your staff can do just that and take in some wildlife at the same time and get to know their local area.
- And lots more options. Explore our website for more information.
Please be aware that whilst we can accommodate, and provide a great volunteering experience, for large volunteering groups, we are not able to accommodate individuals or small groups to give one or two days of volunteering due to the increasing administration involved and there being fewer opportunities for that level of support.
Please visit our website directly to find out more.