Reparation Volunteer (YOT) - Various locations across Somerset
If you are interested in supporting young people, this role could be for you. The role is rewarding and challenging. You will be helping young people to repair the harm that has been caused by their crime, build self confidence, learn a new skill or gain a new experience. Use your skills to help others.
To support young people to fully participate in their reparation work as part of a statutory Court Order.
1. Build a helpful and trusting professional relationship with a young person.
2. Work alongside and take instruction from the Reparation worker
3. Work alongside and supervise the young person at their reparation venue either with the Reparation worker or independently if appropriate.
4. Support the young person around practical skills and life skills to help the young person in their work.
5. Send an update to YOS practitioner to update and highlight any positive or negative aspects of the session.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions reparation currently takes place in outdoor areas. Access to bathroom facilities and hand washing/sanitiser will be available in all locations. Other venues such as the YOS workshop (bikes and woodwork) and community-based organisations e.g. Foodbanks and charity shops, will be followed up in Autumn 2020.
We are currently not recruiting for this role, but hope to be in the near future. However if you would like to be added to our waiting list, please complete the enquiry form. When the volunteering role becomes available, we'll get back to you as soon as possible. If you would be interested in another volunteering role, we'd still love to hear from you. Thank you!