Libraries Volunteer - Home Library Service Volunteer - Yeovil
Home library service volunteers work with the local libraries to choose, deliver and collect books, audio books and DVDs to people who are housebound or those that cannot access the library due to impaired mobility, long term illness, disability, transport difficulties or caring commitments. This will also help to combat loneliness and signpost to extra help if required.
This is a great opportunity to help develop a range of skills and you could be:
- Calling customers to discuss books preferences / arranging suitable times to deliver
- Visit the library, select items for customers and add them to their library account.
- Deliver the items to the customer’s home.
- Discuss reading and listening preferences with customers and chat with them to help combat loneliness.
- Where appropriate support customers to access a range of information and services they might require by signposting and providing information to relevant agencies / organisations eg; Somerset Direct, Somerset Choices or Community council for Somerset.
- Forward concerns about Home Library Service customers to the Home Library Service Coordinator
Please note that you need to be over 18 to apply for this volunteering role