Ecological Service volunteer
There are opportunities to volunteer and gain experience working within the ecological field as well as providing opportunities to work in an office environment and outdoors. Volunteers will contribute towards the protection and enhancement of biodiversity across Somerset.
We are looking for people who would like to help in ensuring the county is rich in wildlife for future generations. There is an opportunity to volunteer on a weekly basis.
Weekly Volunteering tasks may include:
• General administration duties and assistance.
• Ecological surveys, including protected species and habitat surveys.
• Survey data analysis, including bat sound recording analysis.
• Ecological research reviews to inform reports and assessments.
• Research, filing and archiving of ecological literature.
• Contribution towards ecological reports and mapping (using qGIS and Mapinfo).
• Equipment management.
The volunteer will be mainly working in the office at County Hall but will also have the opportunity to accompany staff on ecological surveys. This role is for weekly volunteering and can be flexible depending on the volunteers needs, but preferably at least once a week on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday.