Digital Customer – Improving Lives volunteer
A volunteer’s experience of Somerset County Council’s on-line services, will shape how its digital services will work in the future. Volunteers can choose their level of involvement from the following activities:
• Help to design and test new on-line services
• Review websites and other digital solutions
• Support Somerset residents to have a voice in shaping future services
• Being part of a focus group to discuss what works and where improvements are needed
• Taking part in projects to develop digital solutions
• Help with awareness, training and adoption of new on-line services in communities
You do not have to be good at technology to volunteer for this role. All abilities are welcome. The role will allow volunteers to ensure that SCC’s digital offer is fit for purpose. You could be given an opportunity to work as part of a team and meet new people.
Volunteering hours are flexible, as volunteers can choose which activities they undertake. Digital Volunteering can be carried out at the volunteer’s convenience, other opportunities may take place during the week, weekends or evenings.
Volunteers should be prepared to give 1 or 2 hours a month