South and West Somerset Branch Chair
Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/Motor-Neurone-Disease-Association/opportunities/South-and-West-Somerset-Branch-Chair/38230 to join
SummaryAre you a leader? Are you passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of people with and affected by Motor Neurone Disease?
Our South and West Somerset Branch covers most of the TA postcodes (inc. Langport, Chard, Taunton and Burnham).
As a volunteer Branch Chair you will:
• plan, prepare for and facilitate committee meetings
• ensure appropriate decisions are made in a timely way when required
• support Branch volunteers in planning and coordinating Branch activities
• ensure Branch volunteers are aware of and follow the Association’s policies and procedures
• work in partnership with staff to recruit and induct new volunteers
• act as an ambassador for the Association and as a host at Branch events.
This is an excellent opportunity to utilise and develop your leadership skills in your local community. We are looking for a strong communicator who is organised, warm and empathetic with the ability to motivate others and delegate appropriately.
The time commitments of a Branch Chair vary over the course of the year but, as a guide, we expect applicants to be able to commit a minimum of 2 hours a week to the role.
You’ll be inducted into the role and informed about the Association. As part of this, you will access e-learning, training and mentoring.
Please note: Due to Covid restrictions we are currently operating on a digital by default basis only. This means meetings, events and training delivered by video call primarily.