Association Visitor (Somerset)
SummaryDo you enjoy listening to and helping people? Are you looking for a volunteering role that fits around your family, studies or other commitments?
By becoming an Association Visitor and donating your time, energy and skills, you can make a real difference to the lives of people affected by MND.
As an Association Visitor, you will:
- offer emotional support to people living with and affected by MND
- provide information to people living with MND, their carers and families
- help people living with MND make informed choices
- help people to access appropriate services / support
- record information, following the MND Association guidelines and local protocols
- develop and maintain relationships with your local Branch or Group
- attend support and supervision meetings, as well as development events
The time required is flexible, but we expect Association Visitors to commit to a minimum of 2 hours per week. For this role you need to be able to work as part of a team, liaise with health and social care professionals and have the ability to develop and maintain supportive relationships.
You’ll be inducted into the role and informed about the Association. As part of this, you will receive e-learning, classroom training and mentoring. The training programme will also include experiential and reflective learning.
Please note: Due to Covid restrictions we are currently offering a digital by default service only. This means support delivered via telephone, email, video calls etc.