Haynes Motor Museum is home of the UK’s largest collection of cars and motorbikes, you can get up close to some of the very first cars invented in The Dawn of Motoring, learn how a car works with the ...
Room Guide Volunteer
Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/Haynes-Motor-Museum/opportunities/Room-Guide-Volunteer/52877 to join
SummaryRoom Guide Volunteers will provide a warm and friendly welcome, engaging with visitors in the Museum galleries about the vehicles and their histories.
- Talking to visitors about the Museum exhibits, explaining their stories and associated histories
- Providing a warm and friendly welcome and point of contact to all visitors to the Museum and supporting the Front of House team by:
- Welcoming visitors in the reception foyer
- Enhancing the visitor experience by answering questions and being enthusiastic
- Making visitors aware of any exhibitions, events or educational activities taking place in the Museum
- Notifying the collections team of any damage or deterioration of collection objects in the Museum
- Volunteering alongside others as part of a team
- Providing talks and tours to pre-booked groups
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for people with a friendly, enthusiastic and approachable manner who enjoy welcoming visitors and can communicate confidently with audiences about the history of motoring, able to commit a minimum of one day a week 10:00 and 15:00.
Training and support
We provide all volunteers with an induction. Additional training for all tasks and equipment use will be provided as necessary.
What you’ll get out of it
- Work as part of a friendly team
- Meet new people
- Help visitors enjoy their experience of our Museum
- Gain experience of volunteering in a museum setting
- Develop and share your knowledge of motoring history