Haynes Motor Museum is home of the UK’s largest collection of cars and motorbikes, you can get up close to some of the very first cars invented in The Dawn of Motoring, learn how a car works with the ...
Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/Haynes-Motor-Museum/opportunities/Education-Volunteer/62674 to join
SummaryEducation Volunteers assist with school visits and educational events by providing tours and workshops in fun and engaging ways.
Haynes Motor Museum is the UK's largest collection of the greatest cars from around the world with amazing cars and bikes from the dawn of motoring in the late 19th Century through nostalgic classics of the 1950s and 1960s, glorious Bentleys and Rolls Royces to world renowned super cars like the Jaguar XJ220.
Education Volunteers assist with school visits and educational events. This could involve leading a tour of the museum for a school, assisting with educational workshops or explaining Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths topics to visitors in fun and engaging ways.
· Assisting the museum staff with the running of school visits.
· Leading museum tours and other activities for school groups.
· Assisting with education projects which help expand the museum’s offer for families and schools.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for people with an ability to communicate with audiences of a range of ages, an interest in motoring history who can commit to attendance for school visits and one day a week during school holiday periods. Prior teaching experience, while desirable, is not essential.
Training and support
We provide all volunteers with an induction. Additional training for all tasks and equipment use will be provided as necessary. We also carry out a DBS check for all Education Volunteers.
What you’ll get out of it
· Gain experience of volunteering in a museum educational setting.
· Meet new people.
· Work as part of a friendly team.
· Help visitors enjoy their experience of our museum.
· Develop and share your knowledge of motoring history.