Guide Dogs is a charity which provide a wide range of services to support blind and partially sighted people.
Our ambition is for a future where every person with sight loss has the confidence and ...
Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/Guide-Dogs-South-West/opportunities/Maintenance-assistant/44077 to join
SummaryTo assist with appropriate maintenance activities including erection, dismantling and repair of spending pens for Guide Dog Owners and general maintenance tasks
What does the role involve?
- Erecting, dismantling and repairing spending pens for Guide Dog Owners
- Carry out general maintenance in the office when required such as the repair of collection boxes
- Assistance at key mobility team events such as stakeholder days when equipment such as gazebos may need erecting
- Monthly basic fleet vehicle inspection e.g. tyre pressure, water and oil levels
Location: Your local Guide Dogs site and/or travel within the local area
What skills or experience are required?
- A good practical experience of maintenance and practical tasks
- The ability to lay flagstone dog runs is desirable but not essential
- The ability to follow set instructions and procedures for tasks in accordance with Guide Dogs Health and Safety Policies and procedures
- The ability to undertake some tasks that involve manual labour
What will I get out of it?
- You will help the mobility team to provide an effective service to Guide Dogs Owners
- Meeting a variety of people
- Enjoy using your DIY and maintenance skills to help a charity
- Payment of out of pocket expenses in line with Guide Dogs volunteering policy
What support / training will I get?
- Regular and ongoing support from your supervisor
- Support, information, training and resources to enable you to undertake your role safely and effectively
- Payment of all out of pocket expenses
- The equipment and resources to carry out the tasks
- Training and resources for carrying out vehicle checks
Will I need to do a Disclosure check?
Not for this volunteer role
Minimum Age: 16
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
About Guide Dogs South West
Our ambition is for a future where every person with sight loss has the confidence and support to live their lives to the full and we will not rest until people who are blind and partially sighted can enjoy the same freedom of movement as everyone else.
Every hour, another person in the UK loses their sight, if this was to happen to you, Guide Dogs is there to make sure you receive the help and support you need.
On a daily basis our work transforms the lives of many people, helping them to lead lives of independence and freedom and we wouldn’t be able to do this without the support and dedication of our incredible volunteers.