Guide Dogs is a charity which provide a wide range of services to support blind and partially sighted people.
Our ambition is for a future where every person with sight loss has the confidence and ...
Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/Guide-Dogs-South-West/opportunities/Admin-Support/43355 to join
SummaryTo provide administrative help for the team
as well as providing a key point of contact
with staff, volunteers and general public.
What does the role involve?
- Work with other administrative staff
- Making and receiving phone calls
- Data Entry, filing, typing and general office duties
- There may be occasions where you have the opportunity to get involved in other areas, including attending events or other activities
- To liaise with other departments/volunteers as and when necessary and provide additional admin support where appropriate
- Where applicable assist with the handling of both incoming/outgoing mail
Location: Guide Dogs Office / home location
What skills or experience are required?
- Good Communicator (verbal and written)
- Good interpersonal skills and good telephone manner
- Have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and other applications
- Able and willing to work as part of a team and also be able to work independently
- Flexible, Friendly, and approachable
What will I get out of it?
- Support Guide Dogs to provide mobility services that enable people with sight loss to enjoy the same freedom of movement as everyone else.
- An understanding of how the different parts of Guide Dogs work
- An opportunity to build skills, knowledge and experience
- Become a valued and integral part of the Guide Dogs team
What support / training will I get?
- Regular and ongoing support from your supervisor
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) training
- Payment of all out of pocket expenses
- Basic induction to Guide Dogs and to the role
- An opportunity to take part in any general Guide Dogs
volunteer training and development that is available
Will I need to do a Disclosure check?
Not for this role
Minimum Age: 18
To apply for this position, please head over to the Guide Dogs website, where you can click 'How you can help' and 'Volunteering for Guide Dogs'.
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
About Guide Dogs South West
Our ambition is for a future where every person with sight loss has the confidence and support to live their lives to the full and we will not rest until people who are blind and partially sighted can enjoy the same freedom of movement as everyone else.
Every hour, another person in the UK loses their sight, if this was to happen to you, Guide Dogs is there to make sure you receive the help and support you need.
On a daily basis our work transforms the lives of many people, helping them to lead lives of independence and freedom and we wouldn’t be able to do this without the support and dedication of our incredible volunteers.