Fundraising Group Treasurer
As Treasurer, you are a key member of your local fundraising group. You will need to record income and expenditure of the group, bank funds regularly and keep the members up to date with fundraising income totals.
What does the role involve?
- Counting and banking monies raised through the fundraising group
- Ensuring that all monies raised or received by your group are paid into the Guide Dogs bank account as soon as possible in line with Guide Dogs policy and ensure that receipts and thank you letters are issued
- Maintain accurate records of all money raised and spent
- Keep the group up to date with the funds raised
- Checking the monthly income and expenditure statements
- Monitor levels of expenditure and making claims when appropriate
- Maintaining records of where collecting boxes and life-sized boxes are placed locally (working with the Collecting Box Coordinator where available)
- Your work will show how much your group is raising to support blind and visually impaired people
Home based and in your local area
What skills or experience are required?
- Confident handling money
- Able to do basic maths
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Team working
- Spreadsheet experience is useful but not essential
What will you get out of it?
- An opportunity to build experience for your CV
- Meeting new people
- Knowing that through your volunteering you are making a real difference to those with sight loss in your community
What support / training will you get?
- Regular and ongoing support from Guide Dogs and your local Advisory Treasurer
- Payment of all out of pocket expenses – in line with Guide Dogs volunteer policy
- Basic induction to Guide Dogs and to the role
Our ambition is for a future where every person with sight loss has the confidence and support to live their lives to the full and we will not rest until people who are blind and partially sighted can enjoy the same freedom of movement as everyone else.
Every hour, another person in the UK loses their sight, if this was to happen to you, Guide Dogs is there to make sure you receive the help and support you need.
On a daily basis our work transforms the lives of many people, helping them to lead lives of independence and freedom and we wouldn’t be able to do this without the support and dedication of our incredible volunteers.