A community lead facility for the community. Supporting people in their pathway towards work! Delivering bespoke individual support in a holistic, relaxed environment all because we care! The hubs ...
Meet and Greet Volunteer
Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/Community-Employment-Hubs/opportunities/Meet-and-Greet-Volunteer/28651 to join
SummaryTo support people towards work by being a friendly helpful person to greet them and to show them round the employment hub.
Community Employment Hub volunteers
We are looking for people to join our friendly team in a rewarding and varied admin role helping our clients to access employment support.
- Over 18
- Passionate about helping others
- Have a positive attitude
- Could you commit to an hour or two a week?
- Can you get to one of our Community Employment Hubs at Minehead, Taunton, Wellington, Watchet, Williton, Dulverton or Stogursey.
- Love chatting to people!
This role is Meet and Greet volunteer: Welcoming members into the hub.
- Be a friendly, welcoming person for existing and new members of the hub.
- Guiding a person through the becoming a member process
- Helping our members find the right person to chat to
- Finding our members them a laptop to work on at the hub
- Letting the Hub lead know the member is here.
Along the way you will:
- Meet new like minded people and be part of a friendly team of volunteers who enjoy helping people
- Receive appropriate training
- Enhance existing skills whilst gaining worthwhile experience helping others
- Meet a new group of people!
The Community Employment hubs provide a free employment support service for people across West Somerset, Taunton and Wellington. The hubs offer flexible support to people to overcome their own personal barriers to skills development and employment. We know that those who attend the hubs benefit massively from increased confidence and self-esteem. We are determined to get this support to as many people as possible which is why we are opening ten hubs across West Somerset and Taunton. We can’t make this happen without our amazing volunteers!
We would love to hear from you!
We are looking for people to join our friendly team in a rewarding and varied admin role helping our clients to access online employment support. There are so many ways you can volunteer for a Community Employment Hub! Whatever you are good at is great with us.
Our Employment Hubs and all volunteering opportunities are available in the following locations:
Williton, Stogursey, Watchet, Minehead, Dulverton, Taunton, Wellington and Wiviliscombe
Full training and support will be provided, a love of listening and chatting with people is essential. We look forward to hearing from you!