A community lead facility for the community. Supporting people in their pathway towards work! Delivering bespoke individual support in a holistic, relaxed environment all because we care! The hubs ...
Employment Support Volunteer
Scan me or visit www.sparkachange.org.uk/o/Community-Employment-Hubs/opportunities/Employment-Support-Volunteer/29414 to join
SummaryGiving one to one support to people towards work and enhance their confidence, self esteem and support them to overcome barriers.
Community Employment Hub volunteers
We are looking for people to join our friendly team in a rewarding support role, helping our clients to access employment support.
This role provides one to one employment support to people in your community at one of the Community Employment Hubs
- Providing one to one support to people in your community
- Helping clients with accessing the job market via CV writing, job searching, interview preparation and completing applications
- Supporting clients to build confidence, self esteem and identify skills
- Giving IT support to clients
- Assisting clients in finding and attending any education and training available
- Signposting client to other support agencies and organisations where needed
- Writing out funding applications on behalf of the client to access financial support where needed
Full training and support will be provided, a love of listening and chatting with people and helping them is essential.
- Over 18
- Have good basic administration
- Passionate about helping others
- Good organisational skills
- Great communication skills who are friendly and enjoy meeting people
- Have a positive attitude
- Comfortable in filling in forms, using IT and can recognise when people need further help
- Can build a working relationship to support clients and your team?
- Could you commit to an hour or two a week?
- Can get to one of our Community Employment Hubs in Minehead, Taunton, Wellington, Watchet, Williton, Dulverton and Stogursey
The Community Employment hubs provide a free employment support service for people across West Somerset, Taunton and Wellington. The hubs offer flexible support to people to overcome their own personal barriers to skills development and employment. We know that those who attend the hubs benefit massively from increased confidence and self-esteem. We are determined to get this support to as many people as possible which is why we are opening ten hubs across West Somerset and Taunton. We can’t make this happen with our amazing volunteers!
We are looking for people to join our friendly team in a rewarding and varied admin role helping our clients to access online employment support.
Along the way you will:
- Meet new like minded people and be part of a friendly team of volunteers who enjoy helping people
- Receive appropriate training in administration and communication platforms
- Enhance existing skills whilst gaining worthwhile experience helping others
There are so many ways you can volunteer for a Community Employment Hub! Whatever you are good at is great with us. We would love to hear from you!